Le Cercle des Voyageurs

Live Music Venue/Lieu de Concerts

Cosy and Beautiful place where live concerts are organized every month. Everyone is welcome to enjoy and chill.
Bel espace dédié à la musique où des concerts sont organisés chaque mois. Tout le monde y est bienvenu.

mardi 30 août 2011

Interview Of DirtyDee Sweetwater

Le Cercle des Voyageurs celebrated its Grand Opening in August, 29th,
and for this special occasion, we had the sincere pleasure to receive a great live singer, DirtyDee Sweetwater.

Chloe and Angiliak had a very interesting interview with him. This man has a great sense of humour, and also a very generous heart. He is deeply involved in caritative events, and doens't hesitate to give about himself to help. Do you want to now more about this pretty charming guy from Arizona? Follow us in our DirtyDee SweetStory...

Le Cercle des Voyageurs (LCV) : Hello DirtyDee, welcome and thank you very much for accepting this interview.
DirtyDee Sweetwater (DS) : my pleasure. (smile)

We sat on a sofa, and started the interview .

LCV : Where are you from?
DS : I live in Arizona in the US.
LCV : So we are with a sweet arizona guy :)
DS : Yes you are :)
LCV : Were you born in arizona?
DS : No, I was born in Michigan then I moved to Southern California then to Arizona.
LCV : When started your interest for music?
DS : A radio in mybedroom as a child, I listened to rock and motown. It was a small clock radio. Then i was given a turn table and my uncles old albums.
LCV : So your inspiration is rock? Which band? Or artists?
DS : rock and soul, from Beatles, jackson 5, temptations, Rolling Stones, Kiss, etc.
LCV : So how did you learn music?
DS : I  saw that i could get the attention of girls if i learned to play guitar and sing.
LCV : (laughs) ok, music is a good way to approach girls :)  Can you play only guitare or also other intruments?
DS : I can play alot of instruments actualy : trumpets (horns), guitars, bass guitars, drums, percussions. I want to focus more on piano in the future.
LCV : A real musician :) What are your RL experiences? Could you tell us about your artistic life in RL?
DS : Well I've been in bands in Michigan as a child, and Bands as an adult in San Diego, well ive been in bands in Michigan asd a child, then played out doing what i do here (guitar and vocals) in rl.
LCV : What about today?
DS : I have just taken a break from my rl gigs, but i had been hired for regular gigs here localy in a couple different bars here in town.
LCV : So... why SL? And when did you begin to have a life in SL?
DS : I never knew sl had music, i thought it was a role play sim for vampires and werewolves until a friend showed me different.
LCV : Can you say us more about that?
DS : I almost left for good because vampires weren't my type of people, lots of drama and bf/gf play. i didnt find it that intellectual.
LCV : So your friend showed you some live performance?
DS : Yes because she had heard me play on skype for her and other friends and said "You need to do this DirtyDee". So i did.
LCV : And you did well :)
DS : Thank you :)
LCV : What's different between sl and rl? for a musician?
DS : Big difference... i feel the fans in SL are actualy listening rather then playing for some drunk who could care less if you are there or not.
LCV : for your music? sl have an influence?
DS : One person from sl had come to see me play live in rl and it was a real nice meeting then.
LCV : Do you have some experiences to tell from your live performances in SL?
DS : Every day in sl is a funny experience. I've played 2 years, i've seen it all. And this coming monday is my playing in sl 2 year anniversary.
LCV : Happy rezzday in advance :)
DS : So im raising lindens for a fellow musician who has a brain tumor and needs financial help getting her surgery. I'm giving away 6969L of my own money in a raffle to raise funds for her.
LCV : that's sweet :)
DS : Yes i do as much as i can.
LCV : A good musician and good man.
DS : thank you :) It's  amazing what people here have done for her. I just want to do my part because i'm her friend aswell.
LCV : Thank you very much DirtyDee for your time and answering us :)
DS : You're welcome :)

DirtyDee did a hand kiss to both of us, and went back to RL, while we kept smiling blissfully, charmed...

Interview by Chloe Seljan & Angiliak Crystal.

This interview will be available the 31st of August also in our monthly magazine, displayed in our venue, our group and our subscribomatic.
DirtyDee Sweetwater at Le Cercle des Voyageurs
August, 29th, 2011